At Celestyal Cruises, our highest priorities are compliance, environmental protection and the health, safety and well-being of our guests, crew and the communities we visit. We know cruising in times of Covid-19 and beyond will require adjustments in our regular procedures. Therefore, upon ongoing consultation with local, national and international government and health bodies, epidemiologist, as well as the industry collective association CLIA, we continue to implement new measures to ensure that you can cruise with us with peace of mind and confidence. We would like to highlight just some of the newest and most important measures that we will be implementing, in addition to any further protocols that may be recommended between now and the recommencement of cruise operations.
HEALTH SCREENING AND EDUCATION
- Pre-booking and pre-travel health advice readily available to guests, crew, and travel advisors.
- All guests will have to present a negative PCR test dating maximum 72 hours before embarkation.
- Touchless thermal screening at embarkation and onboard kiosks for daily contactless monitoring throughout the vessel. Enhanced health screening that may include additional COVID 19 testing.
- Implementation of contact tracing technology.
- Health checks throughout the cruise for guests and crew according to Hellenic and European CDC approved protocols for disease response and containment onboard the vessels.
ENHANCED SANITATION PROCEDURES
- Enhanced disinfection methods using approved disinfectants effective against coronavirus and other germs.
- All areas sanitized multiple times a day with cleaning and disinfection protocols developed in coordination with the European and Hellenic CDC.
- Extensive sanitization of transfer coaches and terminals.
- Responsible physical distancing in terminals, on board ships, and during shore excursions. This will be managed through reduced occupancy, staggered activity times, and closely managed group sizes.
- Rearranged common areas, redesigned entertainment programs and restaurants, including crew assisted buffet-style dining, as well as conversion to service restaurants.
- Mandatory wearing of masks by all guests and crew on board and during excursions whenever physical distancing cannot be maintained between non- family guests.
- Additional crew assisted hand-sanitizing stations positioned in high-traffic areas throughout the ship.
- Only shore excursions that comply with Celestyal Cruises prescribed protocols will be permitted due to current stipulation by local health authorities, with strict adherence required of all guests and denial of re- boarding for any guests who do not comply. Should conditions allow at time of cruise this protocol may be adjusted accordingly.
- A team of suitably trained medical staff have been added to the existing qualified doctors and nurses on board who have experience in caring for a broad range of medical conditions.
- Enhanced Shipboard Medical Centres with critical care capabilities, and modified for infection control best practices, including HEPA exhaust filtration.
- Ongoing training and education of shipboard medical staff in the latest clinical care practices for managing COVID-19.
- COVID-19 testing capabilities on board, allowing for effective and fast response actions.
- Mandatory COVID-19 travel insurance will be required for your cruise either bought from Celestyal Cruises or a qualifying insurance provider, proof of adequate coverage will be requested. Partnership with local and regional medical providers to offer care if needed.
- Training of all crew in COVID-19 health protocols and how to assist with monitoring guests and crew compliance.
- Ventilation system using 100% outside fresh air, with no air recirculation.
- HEPA filtration systems for ventilation in key areas such as Medical Centers and dedicated isolation rooms.
- ATMOS disinfection in ventilation systems of all public areas
COLLABORATION WITH LOCAL PARTNERS
- Working with local health authorities, destinations, and other key partners to ensure alignment on our enhanced health measures.
- Monitor disease activity and health regulations in the destinations we visit, and adjust the itinerary as necessary.
These industry-leading health and safety protocols are designed to protect the wellbeing of all guests, crew and communities to be visited may change with the current evolution of the pandemic in Europe, therefore specific final protocols and practices will be provided with final documentation when cruising resumes.